The goal of the back-end developer is to develop and maintain Nico.lab’s microservice architecture to ensure a scalable, fast, and cost-effective execution of the AI-based imaging biomarkers.
Nico.lab is an Amsterdam based company that was started 3 years ago by a group of enthusiastic engineers and physicians from the Academic Medical Center (AMC). Our focus: translating top-notch research into AI software tools for fast decision-making in the acute stroke setting, where every minute counts. Interested? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we require:
- You are proficient in Python.
- You have experience in developing and deploying applications on Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, or Amazon AWS.
- You know how to structure and organise your code to maintain a clean logical distinction between different software components.
- You understand the value of unit tests and integration testing, and how to apply these techniques in your projects.
- You have experience of working in an agile environment and you know how to collaborate with front-end developers, testers and business stakeholders to deliver working software in rapid iterations.
What we prefer:
- You have experience in designing applications using microservice architecture.
- You have experience with Google Cloud, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience using GIT or similar revision control systems.
- Experience with continuous integration using CodeShip or Bitbucket Pipelines.
You are our dream candidate if:
- You are familiar with Google Cloud ML Engine.
- You have experience with image processing, specially medical images.
- You are familiar with the DICOM file format and the DICOM transfer protocol.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to impact the healthcare worldwide
- Challenging work experience in a fast growing start-up with strong academic affiliations
- Work within a fun multidisciplinary international team ?
- Chance of living in Amsterdam: One of the most livable cities in the world, 2th best place for an IT job in Europe, and top 5 safest city in the world
- Great office space with game nights, cocktail workshops, and other young start-ups